Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Prayer for Direction

Now I'm back to my state of utter confusion. God! What do you want me to do?!? I have people leading me in two directions. I thought doors were closed, but they keep getting reopened... Are you reopening them or is it just a temptation? I thought we settled this already, I thought we had it figured out! Did I choose the wrong thing, or are you just seeing if I'm confident in you? I just want to hear your words. I'm sick of hearing the opinions of every person around me. This time I just want to hear you speak directly into my ear. I want the devil to stop playing these mind games so I can focus my attention on you. Your worth it, God. Whatever you tell me to do, whatever insane things I have to try, your worth it. You are worth people scolding me and looking down on me. I know that. I mean, I really know that. I am believing it more and more as I read about who you are in this book that you spoke for me called the Bible. God, I know what you do in the lives of people, I know that you have your own plans. Please tell me what my next step is. Which direction should I face? You see my lost heart, and you know how vulnerable it is. Please take it and protect it from the enemy's scandals. Fill me with the confidence of you and your holy plans. I want to be absolutely certain that my footsteps are leading me closer to your purpose and goals, so that I can move swiftly and with confidence. This is my prayer, God. Let it be so.

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps.

1 comment: