Thursday, April 8, 2010

Seemingly Insignificant

God must be ultimately good. He is beyond the feelings of a human. Our feelings must just be a slight taste of the feelings of God. I asked God for him to give me his heart. He gave me one small thing. One thing that his heart ached over. And now it is my heart. This small, small piece of the heart of Christ, seemingly insignificant. Suddenly I'm burdened beyond anything I have ever experiences. My heart bleeds for this one simple thing. I plead with God, I beg him to to fix it, to restore it. There are times where I fall on my face and sob. How big, and how passionate is the heart of God. It makes me in awe of who he is. But I constantly ask God Why. Why? Why don't you change this, God? Why don't you fix it? God, if your heart is hurting even more than mine is then why won't you do anything? This is why God is good. He somehow has the perfect timing. He does not need to submit to his emotions. He is God. He loves with a love that is so far beyond what we as humans can see. He knows everything, and he can make it all work to show off his glory in the end. I need God. I need him every second of every day, every breath that goes into my lungs better carry the sent of Christ. The thing that scares me the most is that God has no need for me. He may love me, and yearn for me, but he has no need for me. He can carry out his plans all on his own, however he chooses. I am not essential to the plan. But I want so much to be a part of that plan. So God takes me in and allows me to be a part of something bigger. I get to help show his Glory. And this is why he has allowed me a taste of his heart. He wants me to go for the goal of bringing him glory. I will suffer through this emotional overload and I will be at peace. I have a purpose, and it is a beautiful and glorious purpose. Thank God. Thank God for being good.

2 Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord direct your hearts
into God's love
and Christ's perseverance.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the most inspiring and relevant writing I have read in the past year. ...perhaps ever. Haha. Thanks!

    ~daniel

    P.s. I love your writings!

    ReplyDelete