Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hour Glass

One day at a time. Day by day time rolls by like the crashing waves of the sea. Why do I do nothing of value? I let each moment slip away with nothing to show for it. There is only an hour glass full of moments in my life, and each time another grain of sand passes through the funnel I can choose whether or not to make that grain count for something. If I split my grains into two piles, one would tower over the other, my wasted time. The times that I have spent thinking about the good old days, or the days to come, rather than living in the moment. The time I spend making myself seem greater, and putting my own interests before any others. The smaller pile of grains, although small, is far more glorious. Those are the times when I took life when it came and in doing so I glorified the one who gives the moments. Those were the times when life stopped being about me, and I started living for something greater. When will I get it? When will I finally stop trying to run my life and instead live it. I want life, true life, life to the fullest. I want every second to count toward something greater than myself. I want for my entire being to honor and exalt the one who offered me life. It is time for a change, not only in my life, but in the lives of this entire generation. Something is coming, something far greater than we can dream or imagine. But this generation will be the ones to take action, the ones to fight, the ones who are no longer afraid. We will rise up and take a stand, and in doing so, live.

John 10:10 (ESV)
The thief comes only to
steal and kill and destroy.
I came that they may have
life and have it abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment