Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Aubade

As I sat here in the cool dark evening creating this blog, the question arose of what it would be called. I sat and brooded about it for a few moments before referring to my favorite site, dictionary.com. I looked to the side of the page and saw the word of the day: aubade - a song greeting the dawn. Somehow the word just kept ringing through my head. A song greeting the dawn. That is what I want to be. I want to be that song that sings to greet the dawn. This morning as I was driving to school I gasped at the beauty of the morning. The sky was a light creamy blue that faded into a pale chalky pink which pointed straight to the bright yellow sun. It's times such as these where my soul cannot hep but sing to greet the majestic morning. I then turned my focus on the Son, the Son of God. Jesus is the light, he is the dawn. Our world is covered in darkness, but when he returns it will be like the dawn. And I want to be one that is singing and praising his name. I want to be a song of greeting to the dawn. Maybe this all didn't occur to me as I chose the word, but it keeps growing on me. It always astounds me, how much meaning can fit into one small word. You can write thousands upon thousands of words on account of one small word. Well this is the start of my journey here for anyone to read and listen to my heart. Let nothing be wasted, take everything you have and offer it to those who do not have, sing, dance, laugh, be volnerable, hold others high, smile at your reflection, and most of all glorify God.

Isaiah 58:8
Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad that I haven't been reading these... :( they are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete