Saturday, February 6, 2010

All Dolled Up

Once again, all dolled up and nowhere to go. I often get home from a long day at work, or hard day at school and decide that I want to do something special for the evening, so I do my hair, and my makeup, usually I put on a dress, and discover that I have nowhere to go. I might call several friends, then after many disappointments, give up. I will stand in front of the mirror one more time and sigh, as I let down my hair, wash my freshly done face, and put on my Superman pajamas. When I crawl into bed that night I always feel like I missed out. Even though there was nothing to be done, I feel like I got ready for a grand evening then did not have an opportunity to go through with it. Tonight I am in that situation again. I end up feeling lonely, and like I'm back to square one. A lot of times this is the same with Christianity for me. I feel like I get all ready for things, then opportunity's don't come up. I go to a class, read a book, do a study, and all these things should lead up to a grand time for me to use them, but the majority of the time it doesn't and I feel like I've missed something. I go over and over looking for opportunity's that might have been there. But none ever come to pass. There are many times when I go to bed feeling left out. I ask God if he forgot to involve me in his plans. But what I found is that I find joy in dressing up. I love to do my hair, and makeup. Even if there is nothing for me to do later, it was fun, and I wouldn't call it a waste, maybe just... practice. So maybe God didn't forget to involve me, maybe he was just getting in some practice before a bigger night where I need to know what I'm doing. (By the way, during this blog, I got a text from a friend saying "Party at my house tonight?" Isn't it funny how God does that?)

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer
to everyone who asks you to give the reason
for the hope that you have.
But do this with gentleness and respect,
(emphasis added)

No comments:

Post a Comment